Rating: 5 Stars
AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard Upgrade
|Regular APR:||Only Available to AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard Customers|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||Only Available to AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard Customers|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||Only Available to AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard Customers|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 3X AAdvantage miles for every one dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases|
Earn 2X AAdvantage miles for every one dollar spent on hotels and car rentals
Earn 1X AAdvantage miles for every one dollar spent on all other purchases
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Earn 3X AAdvantage miles for every one dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X AAdvantage miles for every one dollar spent on hotels and car rentals
- Earn 1X AAdvantage miles for every one dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn up to 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) each calendar year. Earn 5,000 EQMs after spending $20,000 on purchases and another 5,000 EQMs after spending an additional $20,000 on purchases
- No limit to the number of AAdvantage miles you can earn
- All cardmembers starting in 2020, can earn $3,000 EQDs after spending $50,000 on purchases each calendar year
- Each anniversary year, earn a Companion Certificate good for 2 guests at $99 each (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and provided your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date
- First eligible checked bag free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Preferred boarding for you and up to 8 companions on your reservation for all American Airlines operated flights
- Receive a $100 Global Entry application fee credit once every 5 years
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases
- Enjoy up to $25 back a day, as statement credits on inflight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines operated flights
- Enjoy up to $50 back as statement credits on inflight Wi-Fi purchases every anniversary year on American Airlines operated flights
- Premium Servicing including U.S.-based Customer Service, World Elite Concierge and Luxury Travel Benefits
Is AAA Member Rewards worth it?
Silver World Elite Mastercard is a great American Airlines travel card with 3X AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases and 5,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) on the first 20,000 on purchases. It is only offered to AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard cardholders and it can be used to qualify for elite status.
- 3X AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases and 2X AAdvantage miles on hotels and car rentals
- Great companion benefits – preferred boarding and first eligible checked bag free
- $199 annual fee
- higher than average spend requirement to receive miles – for example, $20,000 in purchases to receive 5,000 Elite Qualifying Miles and additional $20,000 in purchases to receive another 5,000 Elite Qualifying Miles which help cardholder achieve elite status
Why 5 Stars?
The APR isn’t available, so we won’t include it.
The APR isn’t available, so we won’t include it.
There is no foreign transaction fee, and a $199 annual fee. It’s a modest fee for a premium travel card, but it still hurts.
The big benefit is the Companion Certificate good for 2 guests at $99 each. You almost get two free airfare tickets. You have to spend $20,000 first, but it’s a fantastic perk. Plus, preferred boarding and a first free checked bag for you and up to eight people on the reservation will make you look good in front of your family and friends.
There’s not a lot of information available about AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard, but it’s clear from the stated travel benefits that the card is great for frequent travelers on American Airlines. U.S. based customer service doesn’t hurt either.
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Only Available to AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard Customers|
|Cash Advance Fee||Only Available to AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard Customers|
|Penalty APR||Only Available to AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard Customers|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Baggage Delay Reimbursement|
|Emergency Card Replacement|
|Emergency Cash Disbursement|
|Extended Warranty Protection|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Travel and Emergency Assistance|
|Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Reimbursement|
|Trip Delay Reimbursement|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.