Rating: 5 Stars
Western US Business Travel Card
|Regular APR:||17.74% – 25.74% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases.|
Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
|Credit Needed:||(740 – 850) Excellent|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Now: 40,000 Bonus Mile + Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare Offer.
- Get 40,000 bonus miles and Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22) with this offer. To qualify, make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Save with a free checked bag on Alaska flights for you and up to six other guests on the same reservation.
- Get Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare every year! Each year on your account anniversary get a companion fare from $121 ($99 plus taxes and fees from $22). Valid on all Alaska flights booked on alaskaair.com with no blackout dates.
- Earn unlimited 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases. And, your miles don’t expire on active accounts.
- New! Enjoy 50% off day passes at the Alaska Lounge and 20% back on all Alaska Airlines inflight purchases when you pay with your new card.
- Redeem miles with no blackout dates on any of Alaska’s 1,200 daily flights or choose from over 900+ destinations with more than a dozen global airline partners. Plus, get exclusive access to discounted redemption levels when you redeem miles for hotel stays at over 400,000 properties using Alaska Airlines Hotels.
- Plus, no foreign transaction fees and a low $75 annual fee.
Is Alaska Airlines Visa Business worth it?
Alaska Airlines Visa Business is a solid travel card for business travelers in the 30 states that the airline offers flights from. Travelers in the western U.S., where there are the largest number of routes, are the most natural fit for this card. The 40,000 bonus miles you get for signing up are worth almost a free roundtrip flight across the country.
We checked a roundtrip flight from New York to Los Angeles and found it cost $50,000 miles, so if you normally value this flight at $500, the points are worth about one cent. This is the normal rate for points for all cards. There are some other domestic flights through alaskaair.com you can get with fewer points, but to be conservative, one cent is a good value to keep in mind.
- Intro bonus of 40,000 miles and one $121 companion fare in coach after spending $2,000 in first 90 days after account opening
- Book travel with American Airlines, British Airways, and and more than 10 others
- 1x rewards rate on all other purchases is not a competitive rate
Why 5 Stars?
The interest rate is 17.74% – 25.74%, which is pretty normal for a credit card aimed at people with excellent credit, including business owners. It’s not a reason to get the card though.
There’s no Intro 0% rate on balance transfers or purchases. Some business cards offer an intro period on purchases, but not this one. Perhaps the lack of an annual fee made it hard to offer no interest when it’s already offering rich travel rewards.
No foreign transaction fee is a nice to have, but not a necessity for a domestic airline like Alaska’s travel card. With transfer partners that include Aer Lingus, American Airlines, British Airways, Emirates, Korean Airlines, Singapore Airlines, and more than 5 more, it’s nice to know you could carry this card as your primary card wherever you go.
There’s a penalty APR, but the balance transfer and cash advance fees are average at 3%. Same goes for the $75 annual fee, which is cheap for a business card, so overall the fees are low.
Alaska?s Famous Companion Fare is unreal value. After paying your $75 annual fee, you get a companion fare of $121 on alaskaair.com flights with no blackout dates on any flight. Pretty simple, use the pass, and you more than make up for the fee. The 40,000 bonus miles you get for signing up are just icing on the cake.
Alaska Airlines Visa? Business doesn’t disappoint. It is what it sounds like, a travel card for flying and earning points through Alaska Airlines. 50% off day passes at the Alaska Lounge is a nice perk for business travelers too.
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99%|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Emergency ticket replacement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Lost Luggage Assistance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.