Rating: 4 Stars
For Allegiant Travelers out of Small Cities
|Regular APR:||16.74% – 24.74% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||0% for 12 months on balance transfers made in the first 60 days of account opening|
|Rewards Rate:||3 points per $1 on Allegiant purchases (air, hotel, car rental and attractions)|
2 points per $1 on qualifying dining purchases
1 point per $1 on all other purchases
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- 3 points per $1 on Allegiant purchases (air, hotel, car rental and attractions)
- 2 points per $1 on qualifying dining purchases
- 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- Earn 15,000 Bonus Points – equal to $150 off your next Allegiant trip, after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- Buy one, get one free airfare – anytime you use your card to purchase a vacation package from Allegiant with four or more hotel nights or seven or more rental car days on the same itinerary
- No blackout dates, no destination restrictions, and no minimum points redemption
- Complimentary priority boarding and one free beverage every time you fly Allegiant when you show your Allegiant credit card
Is Allegiant World Mastercard worth it?
Allegiant World Mastercard is a solid card for travelers who fly Allegiant regularly; Allegiant?s main hubs are in small U.S. cities. Allegiant.com purchases include airfare, hotels, car rentals and attractions and earn three points per $1. The points are worth one cent. Unfortunately, along with hubs, there are limited Allegiant routes. For example, you can’t fly between New York and Los Angeles.
Along with the limited routes, the airline is a low cost airline. This is fine if you know the ropes, but if you don’t, you might be surprised by the number of fees. There is even an up to $35 fee for carry on luggage that increases up to $45 if you pay for it at the time of departure. Checked bags go up to $75 per segment.
That’s a pretty normal fee for heavy bags, but per segment means that you would pay that each time a flight you are on during the trip takes off. If this were a United flight, for example, the baggage fee would cover the entire duration of air travel. Again, this is all no problem, just as long as it’s not a surprise to you.
- 3 points per $1 on Allegiant purchases
- Buy one get one free airfare anytime you use your card to purchase a vacation package that includes at least four nights in a hotel or seven rental car days.
- Mediocre 15,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in first 90 days of account opening
- Penalty APR
Why 4 Stars?
The interest APR is 16.74% ? 24.74%, which is low but not so low as to be the reason you get the card.
There’s no Intro APR on purchases, but there is 0% for 12 months on balance transfers made in the first 60 days of account opening, which is a nice feature for a travel card.
There is a $59 annual fee, which is not great for a card that is for an individual airline and not a business card. There is no foreign transaction fee and an average balance transfer and cash advance fee of 3%, but there is a penalty APR. Overall, the annual fee hurts this card.
The buy one, get one free airfare is a nice perk, as long as you already planned to purchase an Allegiant vacation package with four or more hotel nights or seven or more rental car days.
For Allegiant flyers who know what they’re doing when it comes to Allegiant Air, this is the card you need. There is actually no other card that will earn or let you transfer into Allegiant points. This is no “everyday card” though.
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99%|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Emergency ticket replacement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Lost Luggage Assistance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.