Rating: 4 Stars
Rewards on Monthly Expenses
|Regular APR:||12.24% – 15.24% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||If 60 day interest option is chosen – 60 days interest free on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||If 3% back option is chosen – 3% back on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market. Redeem rewards on millions of items during checkout at Amazon.com and Amazon Business (U.S.), or apply towards a purchase on your statement|
2% cash back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
1% cash back on other purchases
|Credit Needed:||(740 – 850) Excellent|
|Card Brand:||American Express|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Get a $100 Amazon.com Gift Card upon approval.
- Plus, earn an additional $100 statement credit after you spend $3,000 on the Card in the 2% Back and 1% Back categories in your first 3 months.
- Focus on your bottom line – Get unlimited 3% Back on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market. Redeem rewards on millions of items during checkout at Amazon.com and Amazon Business (U.S.), or apply towards a purchase on your statement OR free up cash flow. Rather buy now and pay later? Get an extra 60 days interest free on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market.
- 2% cash back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 1% cash back on other purchases
- Enhanced data views – Amazon Business purchases will be listed item by item so you can track business purchases at a glance.
- Business-only pricing – enjoy exclusive prices and quantity discounts on more than 5 million products.
- Employee purchase control – Set up multi-user accounts, shared payment methods, approval workflows, and spending limits.
Is Amazon Business American Express Card worth it?
Amazon Business American Express Card is a solid card for business owners who make purchases at any of four Amazon-owned companies who are not Amazon Prime members. With no annual fee and either 3% back or 60 days interest free on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market, this card offers a reasonable choice to business owners. You can choose to take more time to pay off a purchase or you can pay it off right away during that billing period and get the rewards. American Express Plum Card has a similar feature, where you can get a 1.5% early-pay discount, or you can get up to 60 days interest free.
Other no-annual fee cards offer longer interest-free periods though, so for business owners financing expenses all at once upfront, 60 days interest free is not that attractive. If that’s not the case though, and instead there will be expenses purchased later than a year or more after getting the card that need financing, the 60 day interest free period starts to become useful. If you have a Prime membership you could apply for Amazon Business Prime American Express Card, and it goes up to 90 days.
Rewards are provided in point form and are redeemable as statement credit or to pay for eligible purchases at Amazon.com or Amazon.com/Business. Points are worth the normal amount of one cent each. 2% cash back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers covers most common credit card expenses when you combine it with Amazon for almost anything you need and Whole Foods Market for groceries. There’s no rewards on common expenses like drugstores and wholesale clubs, and travel, if that’s a common expense for you.
The 3% Back on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market is great, considering Amazon is called “The Everything Store”. If you had a $129 Amazon Prime membership, you could get 5% back by applying for Amazon Business Prime American Express Card. There are some other store cards that offer 5% back though. TJX Rewards Platinum MasterCard gets 5% back at Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra (formerly Sierra Trading Post), and Homesense. And Target REDcard MasterCard, which gets 5% back at Target. However, neither of these cards have sign up bonuses. Amazon Business American Express cardholders get a free $100 Amazon gift card and a $100 statement credit if you spend $3000 in the first 90 days in the 2% and 1% categories. This is an important gotcha if you want the statement credit. Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market won’t count.
If you are already spending a lot at Amazon or Whole Foods, or if you frequently need extra time to pay off purchases there, this card is a no-brainer.
- $100 Amazon gift card upon approval
- 3% cash back or 60 days interest free on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market
- No annual fee
- Amazon Prime membership would earn 5% cash back with the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card
- 60 day interest free period is not competitive with cards who offer longer interest free periods for all purchases if you are financing purchases as soon as you open the card
- No travel rewards
Why 5 Stars?
The interest rate is nothing special, 15.99% – 23.99%. It could be higher or lower in that range depending on your credit score and varies with the Prime rate.
No Intro APR on balance transfers or purchases is normal for most business cards, but it doesn’t do you any favors if you’re looking to finance a big expenses as soon as you get the card. However, the 60 day interest free option on Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases is nice to have to turn on whenever you need it.
No annual fee and no foreign transaction fee. Check.
The 3% back at Amazon Business, AWS, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market is great, but if you had a Prime membership, you could get Amazon Business Prime American Express Card and get 5% back.
If you’re already spending a lot at Amazon or Whole Foods, you’ll immediately start to get a significant 3% discount on those purchases with Amazon Business American Express. Or, you can push some of them out for 60 days if you need a little breathing room to pay them off. This card has a definite purpose, but it’s not for travel and it wouldn’t be the primary spending card in most business owners’ wallets.
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||No Balance Transfers|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the amount of each transaction or $5, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.