Rating: 4 Stars
Cost-Effective Business Rewards
|Regular APR:||If you activate Pay Over Time: 16.24% – 24.24% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||4 Membership Rewards points per dollar on the two select categories where your business spent the most each billing cycle (first $150,000 in purchases yearly)|
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
|Card Brand:||American Express|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Earn up to $500 back in the form of statement credits by purchasing qualifying services with FedEx using your American Express? Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card membership.
- Limited time Offer ends 11/06/2019.*
- MORE REWARDS: Get 4X Membership Rewards points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month
- 4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.
- AIRLINE BONUS: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- EXPENSE MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Connect to Quickbooks, access SpendManagerSM, receive a Year-End Summary, and more.
Is American Express Business Gold worth it?
American Express Business Gold is a great card for small businesses with significant travel, shipping, gas, restaurant, advertising, and computer purchases made directly from select providers. These expenses earn 4x points on the American Express Gold Business Card. The $295 annual fee will be worth it for businesses that spend and use the rewards.
If you need to carry a balance, you can use American Express Pay Over Time feature at an APR of 19.74%. You essentially now have a credit card, but not all charges will get carried over into the next month. You choose between the Extended Payment Option, where charges over $100 are automatically moved into your Pay Over Time balance, Select & Pay Later, where you manually choose charges over $100 to move into your Pay Over Time balance, or Sign & Travel, where airline tickets, hotel stays, car rentals, cruises and charges in other countries are moved into your Pay Over Time balance. It’s not the simplest program but whichever choice you select, you basically now have a credit card, where you can choose to pay the full balance, the minimum payment, or anything in between. This is in contrast to what would normally happen with a charge card, where you are required to pay the full balance every month, and if you don’t, you incur a late fee even if you pay an amount that would be above what would be considered the normal minimum payment if the card were a credit card. Charge cards also don’t impact your credit, because you are not extended a credit line.
- 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year – Amex Travel offers rates comparable to major travel sites
- 4x points for a number of business expense categories
- $295 Annual fee
- No Intro APR to fund business purchases
Why 4 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||N/A|
|Cash Advance Fee||N/A|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99%|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.