Rating: 4 Stars
Perks For Frequent Travelers
|Regular APR:||Not Stated In Terms and Conditions|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||5 Membership Rewards points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel|
5 Membership Rewards points per dollar on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
|Card Brand:||American Express|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world. Receive access to The Centurion Lounge and The International American Express lounges, as well as our partner networks, Delta Sky Club and Priority Pass Select lounges.
- Receive either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 credit for TSA Pre
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
Is American Express Platinum Card worth it?
American Express Platinum is a great card for frequent travelers. Travel booked with airlines or through Amex Travel and prepaid hotels booked through Amex Travel earn five points per dollar.
Another major benefit is access to partner lounges through Delta Sky Club and Priority Pass Select. The Centurion Lounges can be on the small side and there are a limited number of International American Express lounges, so the real value is Delta Sky Club and Priority Pass Select membership.
- Intro bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Priority Pass Select membership offered at no additional cost – lets you visit over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, including luxurious Centurion Lounges. Unlimited Priority Pass would cost $429.
- Inflexible rewards requirement: American Express? Platinum will not earn rewards on bookings through third-party travel sites
Why 4 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||$0|
|Balance Transfer Fee||N/A|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either 5% of transaction amount or $10, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.