Rating: 5 Stars
Superior Cash Back on Groceries
|Regular APR:||14.99% – 25.99% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||0% for 12 months|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||0% for 12 months|
|Rewards Rate:||6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year, (then 1%)|
6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
3% cash back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more
3% cash back at U.S. gas stations
1% cash back on other purchases
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
|Card Brand:||American Express|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Earn a $300 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- New 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
- New 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more.
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
- You spoke, we listened. Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express Cards in 2018.
- $95 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
Is American Express Blue Cash Preferred worth it?
Blue Cash Preferred from American Express is simply a superior card for cardholders who spend a lot on groceries and gas.
- 6% cash back on up to $6,000 in purchases at U.S. supermarkets (then 1%) and on selected streaming subscriptions
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more.
- Travel (flights) rewards fall in 1% cash back category
- Annual fee
Why 5 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||2.7%|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% of the transaction amount or $5, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||5% of the transaction amount or $10, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||29.99% Variable|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Travel and Emergency Assistance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.