Rating: 4 Stars
High Cash Back for Students
|Regular APR:||14.99% – 23.99% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||10.99% for 6 months|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||10.99% for 6 months|
|Rewards Rate:||5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more, up to $1,500 per quarter each time you activate|
1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases. Discover has cash back match at end of first year
|Credit Needed:||(300-669) Bad/Fair|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Intro Offer: Discover will match all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There’s no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases – automatically.
- Good Grades Rewards: $20 statement credit each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.
- No annual fee. No late fee on first late payment. No APR change for paying late.
- Get 100% U.S. based customer service & get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO?
- Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Freeze It? on/off switch for your account that prevents new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers in seconds.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 14.99% ? 23.99%.
Is Discover it Student Cash Back Credit Card worth it?
Discover it Student Cash Back is a great card for students who want to build credit and take advantage of rotating cash back categories. For students who are more interested in ongoing rewards, this card provides 5% cash back in rotating categories and 1% unlimited cash back and Discover will match all cash back at the end of the year.
- Build your credit
- Higher than average cash back rewards for a student card
- 5% cash back categories must be activated, online or by phone, to take effect
Why 4 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% intro balance transfer fee, up to 5% fee on future balance transfers (see terms)|
|Cash Advance Fee||5% on transaction amount or $10, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.