Rating: 5 Stars
For Business Owners Who Fly Southwest
|Regular APR:||17.74 – 24.74% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines? purchases|
Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend on all other purchases
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Good/Excellent|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- 60,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines? purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend on all other purchases
- Receive 6,000 bonus points after your cardmember anniversary
- Earn points on every purchase with no limits. Enjoy unlimited reward seats and no blackout dates
- $0 1st & 2nd checked bags
- $0 change fee
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- You’ll earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) for each $10,000 in purchases up to $100,000 in purchases annually which equal 15,000 TQP. TQPs can be used to count toward qualification for Rapid Rewards A-List or A-List Preferred status
Is Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card worth it?
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business is a great card for business owners who fly Southwest. Cardholders earn 1,500 tier qualifying points for each $10,000 in purchases up to $100,000 in purchases annually which equal 15,000 TQP. The lower tier, A-list status – which gets you priority boarding and free same-day standby for an earlier flight going to the same destination among other perks – requires 35,000 tier qualifying points, so it will take more than one year to achieve this goal, but you can stack another card what earns tier qualifying points, namely the Rapid Rewards Priority Card or Rapid Rewards Premier Card, to earn faster.
You can also achieve A-list status by flying 25 one-way qualifying flights, which most people will find fits their spending more naturally. As for the value of the Rapid Rewards points you get, with Southwest Rapid Rewards points being worth about 1.5 cents per point, the bonus is worth 60,000 x $0.015 = $900 in Southwest travel.
Cardholders earn 2 Rapid Rewards points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines? purchases. Points count towards the Companion Pass, which allows you to bring a friend on any Southwest flight with you for a year. This can be a big deal for companies who typically travel with multiple employees as you would be saving hundreds of dollars every flight. It takes 125,000 points to earn the pass or 100 qualifying one-way flights.
While you can’t earn Rapid Rewards points on other airlines, you can transfer points into Rapid Rewards. For example, Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be converted to Rapid Rewards Points on a 1:1 ratio. Note that you can only book rewards flights on Southwest, so we literally mean it when we say it?s for business owners who fly Southwest.
- Rapid Rewards do not expire
- Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be converted to Rapid Rewards Points on a 1:1 ratio
- Points earned count towards Companion Pass – the benefit that lets a friend fly with you free of airline charges for a year
- You?ll earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) for each $10,000 in purchases up to $100,000 in purchases annually which equal 15,000 TQP. TQPs can be used to count toward qualification for Rapid Rewards A-List or A-List Preferred status
- Penalty APR
- $99 annual fee
Why 5 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99%|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Baggage Delay Insurance|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Travel and Emergency Assistance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.