Rating: 5 Stars
Very High Cash Back Categories With Cash Back Caps and 0% Intro APR
|Regular APR:||16.74% – 25.49% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||0% for 15 months|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||0% for 15 months|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate and unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.|
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Best Freedom bonus offer: $200 cash back after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Offer only available when applying directly with Chase
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate and unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- No annual fee
- 3% intro balance transfer fee for transfers in first 60 days
Is Chase Freedom worth it?
Chase Freedom is a great card for anyone who stays on top of their spending habits. First, cardholders get $200 cash back after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. This is a great, easy to obtain bonus.
Chase Freedom is also a great card for people looking to finance purchases or pay off debt. The intro APR for purchases and balance transfers is 0% for 15 months.
For people who stay up-to-date with the current rewards categories, the number one advantage of Chase Freedom is 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in specific categories each quarter you activate.
Categories are generous and include gas stations, grocery stores not including Walmart and Target, streaming services, department stores, Paypal, and the Chase Pay mobile wallet, which also provides additional offers through partnerships with other department stores and credit cards.
If you can take advantage of the 5% cash back, Chase Freedom is more than worth it for no annual fee.
- $200 cash back after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- No annual fee
- Transferring Chase Freedom points to other Chase cards yields a high rewards rate on Chase Ultimate Rewards – for example, 30,000 points earned from maximizing the Chase Freedom’s 5% rewards categories would be worth about $375 on Chase Ultimate Rewards if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred or $450 on Chase Ultimate Rewards if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve. If you used the points directly that you earned from Chase Freedom, they would be worth only about $300.
- This card has rotating cash back with a quaterly maximum spend. This is a more complicated rewards structure than other cards that have unlimited 1.5% or 2% flat cash back rates.
Why 5 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Intro fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater, on transfers made within 60 days of account opening. After that: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Travel and Emergency Assistance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.