Rating: 5 Stars
For Air and Road Travelers
|Regular APR:||17.74% – 25.74% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 3X Points on Travel including Gas Stations|
Earn 2X Points at Restaurants and on Entertainment
Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Earn 60,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening
- Earn 3X Points on Travel including Gas Stations, 2X Points at Restaurants and on Entertainment, and 1X Points on All Other Purchases
- ThankYou Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for airfare through the ThankYou Travel Center, as compared to gift cards redeemed from the ThankYou Rewards collection
- Enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases
Is Citi Premier Card worth it?
Citi Premier is a great card for travelers with 3x points on travel, including gas stations. The sign up bonus is big: earn 60,000 ThankYou Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening. The points can be used to book airfare through Citi’s ThankYou portal, and there are no blackout dates. You can also transfer points but please note there is only one domestic airline, JetBlue, among the travel partners.
- 3X points on travel includes airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel agencies, gas stations, cruise lines, parking garages, and more
- You can transfer points to travel partners including Air France/KLM Flying Blue, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, JetBlue TrueBlue, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, and more than 5 more.
- No foreign transaction fee
- If you have the Citi Double Cash, you earn 2% cash back on all purchases: 1% when you make a purchase and another 1% when you pay your bill. Because cash back can be converted to points at a 1:1 ratio, you can transfer those points to your Citi Premier card to redeem for airfare in the ThankYou portal. You would essentially be getting 2% airfare rewards on all of your purchases, not just the categories allowed by Citi Premier, by using your Citi Double Cash.
- $95 annual fee
- Travel partners only include one domestic airline, JetBlue
Why 5 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.|
|Penalty APR||Up To 29.99%|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.