Rating: 4 Stars
Student Grocery and Gas
|Regular APR:||16.49% – 26.49% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||0% for 7 months|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||2 ThankYou Points per dollar at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year, then 1 point per dollar|
1 point per dollar on all other purchases
Every purchase is rounded up to nearest 10 points ($3 cup of coffee earns 10 points, $12 pizza earns 20 points)
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Excellent/Good|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- The Citi Rewards+ Student Card – the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase – with no cap
- Earn 2,500 bonus points after you spend $500 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for a $25 gift card at thankyou.com
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 7 months. After that, the variable APR will be 16.49% – 26.49%, based on your creditworthiness
- Earn 2X ThankYou Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases.
- Get 10% Points Back for the first 100,000 ThankYou Points you redeem per year
- No annual fee
Is Citi Rewards+ Student Credit Card worth it?
Citi Rewards+ Student is a solid card for cardholders who shop at supermarkets and gas stations with high frequency. This card is also good for students to pay off purchases over time with 0% Intro APR for 7 months.
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 7 months
- 2,500 bonus points after you spend $500 within 90 days of account opening
- 10% points back for the first 100,000 points you earn every year
- No annual fee
- ThankYou points convert to cash back at a lower than average rate than other points
Why 4 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% of the balance transfer amount or $5, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||5% of the transaction amount or $10, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99% (Variable)|
$0 Fraud Liability
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.