Rating: 4 Stars
Build Credit Without An Annual Fee
|Regular APR:||24.24% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Credit Needed:||(0 – 300) Bad/Limited/No|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Help build your credit history by using your card responsibly
- A security deposit is required for this product (minimum of $200). The security deposit is always equal to your credit limit
- If you are approved and you deposit $200, your credit limit (the maximum amount you can spend) is $200
- Use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted with $0 liability on unauthorized charges
- No Annual Fee
Is Citi Secured Mastercard worth it?
Citi Secured Mastercard is a great card for people looking to build their credit by putting down a deposit. By using this card and making on-time payments – 18 months recommended – you can increase your credit limit and increase your credit score. You are ineligible for this card if your credit shows any bankruptcy history within the last two years.
- Build your credit
- Monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus
- Minimum security deposit of $200 is on the low end for secured cards
- No annual fee
- No rewards
- Requires credit check
- High regular APR for a secured card: you would be paying interest at 24.24% APR on a loan you gave yourself
Why 5 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|Penalty APR||Up to 29.99%|
$0 Fraud Liability
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.