Rating: 5 Stars
Rotating Cash Back and Pay Off Debt
|Regular APR:||14.24% – 25.24% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||0% for 6 months|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||0% for 18 months|
|Rewards Rate:||5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate|
1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases automatically
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Good/Excellent|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Intro Offer: Discover will match all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There?s no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
- arn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases – automatically.
- Redeem cash back any amount, any time. Rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- No annual fee.
Is Discover it Balance Transfer worth it?
Discover it Balance Transfer is a strong balance transfer card with a 0% balance transfer intro APR offer for 18 months. With the cash back match, 5% cash back in activated categories, and ongoing 1% cash back, this is a strong rewards card too.
Discover it? Balance Transfer has a shorter 0% Intro APR period on purchases, 6 months, and a longer 0% period on balance transfers, 18 months, versus Discover It Cash Back, which has 14 months of no interest on both purchases and balance transfers. The cards are otherwise the same, so the only decision to make is whether financing or paying off debt is more important to you. You can’t go wrong with either one when it comes to cash back as they earn the same amount and have the same calendar of cash back categories.
Here’s the 2020 Discover 5% cash back Calendar:
|Jan – Mar 2020||Grocery Stores, Walgreens, and CVS|
|Apr – Jun 2020||Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs|
|Jul – Sep 2020||Restaurants and PayPal|
|Oct – Dec 2020||Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com|
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months
- No annual fee
- Cash back match – Discover will match the cash back you earn the first year
- 3% balance transfer fee
- 5% cash back requires activating categories
Why 5 Stars?
5 Stars. ?????
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% intro balance transfer fee, up to 5% fee on future balance transfers (see terms)|
|Cash Advance Fee||5% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater|
$0 Fraud Liability
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.