Rating: 4 Stars
Student Card with Cash Back
|Regular APR:||26.96% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||Unlimited 1% cash back, increases to 1.25% if you pay your bill on time that month|
|Credit Needed:||(580-669) Average/Fair/Limited|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month
- Enjoy no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Get a head start and build your credit with responsible use
- Get Eno, your Capital One assistant, to manage your account via text, receive alerts, and shop safer online
- Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- $0 fraud liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Monitor your credit profile with the CreditWise app, free for everyone
Is Journey Student Rewards from Capital One worth it?
Journey Student Rewards from Capital One is a solid card for students looking to build a credit score and credit history. It also provides a higher credit limit after you make on time payments for the first five months and increases its cash back rate from 1% to 1.25% when you pay your bill on time for that month. With no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee, Journey Student Rewards costs nothing and is even good for study abroad.
- Build your credit as a student
- No annual fee
- 1% cash back on all purchases
- Higher than average APR
Why 4 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||None|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of transaction amount or $10, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Travel and Emergency Assistance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.