Rating: 4 Stars
Rewards for Best Buy Shoppers
|Regular APR:||26.99% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||11.90% for select purchases eligible for the 48 month reduced rate credit plan|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||Points are worth $0.02 each, so 1 point gets 2% back in rewards|
Get 2.5 points per $1 spent (5% back in rewards) on qualifying Best Buy? purchases when you choose Standard Credit. Elite Plus members get an additional .5 points per $1 spent (a total of 6% back in rewards) on qualifying Best Buy purchases using Standard Credit
Get 1.5 points per $1 spent (3% back in rewards) on net purchases made at gas stations
Get 1 point per $1 spent (2% back in rewards) on net purchases made at restaurants and bars
Get 1 point per $2 spent (1% back in rewards) on net purchases outside Best Buy
After 12/31/2019, you no longer get 1.5 points per $1 spent (3% back in rewards) on net purchases made at grocery stores and furniture stores (home, office, commercial and outdoor)
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Good/Excellent|
|Annual Fee:||None (Platinum) $59 (Gold)|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Shopping at Best Buy: 5% back in rewards and 6% back in rewards for Elite Plus Cardmembers
- Shopping where Visa is accepted: After 12/31/2019, you no longer get 3% back in rewards on grocery and furniture purchases, you get 3% back in rewards on gas purchases, 2% back in rewards on dining purchases, and 1% back in rewards on everyday purchases
- Your Card is part of the My Best Buy program, giving you even more rewards to save on the technology you want at Best Buy
Is My Best Buy Visa worth it?
My Best Buy Visa Credit Card is a solid card for people who shop at Best Buy a lot. Cardholders earn 5% back on Best Buy purchases in rewards that can be redeemed for other Best Buy purchases. Reward certificates have no cash value and may be redeemed only for purchases greater or equal than the purchase amount. In other words you can’t pay for any item entirely with certificates unless it’s the exact amount.
People who don’t shop at Best Buy regularly would get better rewards from a normal cash back or travel rewards card.
- Get 2.5 points per $1 spent (5% back in rewards) on qualifying Best Buy purchases
- Points come in the form of best Buy reward certificates and can only be used toward purchases at Best Buy
- high APR
- Financed purchases don?t earn rewards
- Points expire if card or reward certificate is not used in 24 months
- Mobile wallet transactions may not get loyalty benefits, so try to use the physical card when possible
Why 4 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
$0 Fraud Liability
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.