Rating: 5 Stars
Travel Rewards for PenFed Credit Union Members
|Regular APR:||12.74 – 17.99% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||Transfers after March 31, 2020 no longer get 0% for 12 months|
|Rewards Rate:||4X Points On All Travel Purchases for PenFed Honors Advantage Members|
3X Points On All Travel Purchases
1.5X Points On All Other Purchases
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Good/Excellent|
|Card Brand:||American Express|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Penfed Honors Advantage: 4X Points On All Travel Purchases – Qualify with an Access America Checking account from PenFed or military service
- 3X Points On All Travel Purchases
- 25,000 Bonus Points Spend $2,500 within 90 days of opening an account
- $100 Annual Air Travel Credit for baggage fees, lounge access and onboard food and beverages
- $100 Application Fee Credit for Global Entry or $85 for TSA Precheck when fee is charged to your Pathfinder CardClick
Is PenFed Pathfinder Rewards American Express worth it?
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards American Express is a great card for travelers. Cardholders earn 3X points on all travel purchases and 4X points if you hold an Access America Checking account. from PenFed or military service. Travel includes airfare, commuter transportation, taxi/Uber Lyft, Rail, Cruise, Hotel, Car Rental, bus lines, and even tolls. It also offers $100 annual air travel credit for baggage fees, lounge access and onboard food and beverages.
The points are worth almost 1 cent per point on hotel stays, and less in most cases on airline travel and then gift cards. So, for example, the 25,000 point sign up bonus is worth almost $250 in hotel stays. If you are a member of Pentagon Federal Credit Union, PenFed, and you are open to redeeming points rather than getting cash back directly, then this is a great travel card for you. Note that you can also redeem points for gift cards.
- 25,000 Bonus Points Spend $2,500 in the first 90 days
- 3X Points On All Travel Purchases
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- $100 Application Fee Credit for Global Entry or $85 for TSA Precheck when fee is charged to your Pathfinder Card
- Relatively low APR
- You may have to have military affiliation, or you may have to have affiliation with a partner association to join PenFed credit union and get this card. You might for example donate $10 to the American Red Cross, a PenFed partner association, and as long as you maintain $5 in your PenFed savings – this is called a share account at a credit union – you become eligible for PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature. Financially it’s worth it but there are some steps to complete.
- Can’t redeem points for statement credit or cash deposit
Why 5 Stars?
5 Stars. ?????
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% per transaction|
|Cash Advance Fee||5% or $5 minimum per cash advance|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Baggage Delay Insurance|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Trip Delay Reimbursement|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.