Rating: 5 Stars
Travel Rewards For Business Owners But No Point Transfers
13.99% – 24.99% (Variable)
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||2 points on gas, office supply store or airline purchases (whichever is greater)|
2 points on qualifying charitable donations
2 points on most cell phone service providers
1 point everywhere else
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Good/Excellent|
|Annual Fee:||None for the first year, then $55 for account owners and $10 for authorized employees|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Kickstart your travel and earn 25,000 enrollment FlexPoints worth $375 on airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more. Just spend $2,000 in eligible Net Purchases on the Account Owner’s Card within the first four months of account opening
- Earn Double FlexPoints for every net $1 spent at gas stations, office supply stores or airlines – whichever you spend most on each monthly billing cycle
- Earn 1 point everywhere else
- Use your mobile device to instantly redeem FlexPoints for almost any purchase with Real-Time Mobile Rewards
- $25 Airline Allowance offers reimbursement for up to $25 per round-trip air travel award ticket toward baggage fees or in-flight food and drinks
- Receive a credit for your $55 annual fee back to your account if $24,000 or more in net purchases posts to your company’s account within your 12-month annual statement year. You may add additional cards to your account for $10/year
Is U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards worth it?
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards Visa Signature is a great card for business owners who want to earn travel rewards on their cell phone bill, donations to charity, and either gas, office supplies or airlines, and don’t want to deal with transferring points.
Cardholders earn 2 FlexPoints on qualifying charitable donations and most cell phone service providers, and 2 FlexPoints on gas, office supply store or airline purchases, whichever of the three has the greatest amount in total purchases.
The signup bonus of 25000 FlexPoints is worth $375 in travel, hotel stays, car rentals, and more. FlexPoints have a semi-fixed value that works out to about 1.5 cents per point when redeemed for travel rewards with more than 150 airlines, thousands of hotels, car rentals, and cruise lines.
With a $55 annual fee starting the second year, you could spend just $2000 across the 2X reward categories during the entire year and pay for the fee. As a more realistic example, if you spent $500 per month in 2X reward categories, $250 on phone bills and $250 on gas and another $500 on other business expenses, you would earn $270 worth of travel.
While you can redeem FlexPoints for cash back, they will not be worth as much. The FlexPoints rewards program also doesn’t have any transfer partners, so you won?t be able to transfer to try to increase their value.
Another option you might consider is Capital One Spark Miles for Business, which has unlimited 2 miles per $1 on every purchase, everywhere, but has a $95 annual fee in the second year. Capital One miles are worth only about one cent per mile, but you can get higher value by transferring them to one of their 15 transfer parters, so if you’re more hands-on when it comes to points, Capital One is the better option. Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business is the no annual fee version that still offers 1.5 Miles per $1 on every purchase.
If you’re more interested in American Express – both Capital One cards are on the Visa network – consider Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express, which earns 2X Membership Rewards points on every eligible purchase up to $50,000. Membership Rewards points are worth about one cent per dollar, but they also have transfer partners, including British Airways, Delta, JetBlue, and more than 5 more.
Finally, Ink Business Preferred Credit Card is a great card if you can pay a $95 annual fee starting in the first year, because it offers 3x miles on the first $150,000 spent on travel, shipping, Internet, cable, phone, and advertisements on social media and search sites. Chase Ultimate Rewards points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, so points go from one cent per point to 1.25 cents per point. Chase travel partners include British Airways, JetBlue, United Airlines, and more than 5 more.
Each of these cards will offer you good overall value, so it depends on which airline or bank you are loyal to. If you are a U.S. Bank business customer or would like to become one and you would like travel rewards without having to think about transfer partners, U.S. Bank FlexPerks Business Travel Rewards Visa Signature is a great card for you.
- Visa Signature benefits
- Earn 25,000 enrollment FlexPoints worth $375 on airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more
- 2 points on gas, office supply store or airline purchases (whichever is greater)
- 2 points on qualifying charitable donations
- 2 points on most cell phone service providers
- Minimum FlexPoints car rental redemption is $250, minimum FlexPoints lodging redemption is $500
- No transfer partners
- Penalty APR
Why 5 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either 5% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.