Rating: 4 Stars
Travel Rewards Without Point Transfers
|Regular APR:||15.49 – 25.49% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||None|
|Rewards Rate:||2 points on airlines, gas stations or grocery stores (whichever is greater)|
2 points on qualifying charitable donations
2 points on most cell phone service providers
1 point everywhere else
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Good/Excellent|
|Annual Fee:||None for the first year, then $49|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Kickstart your travel and earn 25,000 enrollment FlexPoints worth $375 on airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more. Just spend $2,000 in eligible net purchase within the first four months of account opening
- Earn Double FlexPoints for every net $1 spent at airlines, gas stations or grocery stores ? whichever you spend most on each monthly billing cycle
- Earn 2 points on qualifying charitable donations
- Earn 2 points on most cell phone service providers
- Earn 1 point everywhere else
- Use your mobile device to instantly redeem FlexPoints for almost any purchase with Real-Time Mobile Rewards
- $25 Airline Allowance offers reimbursement for up to $25 per round-trip air travel award ticket toward baggage fees or in-flight food and drinks
- Kick your FlexPoints into overdrive when you make purchases in select categories.
Is U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card worth it?
U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature is a great card for people who want to book airfare directly with the rewards program where they earned the points and to earn travel rewards on their cell phone bill, donations to charity, and either airfare, gas stations or grocery.
Cardholders earn 2 FlexPoints on qualifying charitable donations and most cell phone service providers, and 2 FlexPoints on airfare, gas stations or grocery purchases, whichever of the three has the greatest amount in total purchases.
The signup bonus of 25000 FlexPoints is worth $375 in travel, hotel stays, car rentals, and more. FlexPoints have a fixed value of 1.5 cents per point and can be redeemed for travel rewards with more than 150 airlines, thousands of hotels, car rentals, and cruise lines through the FlexPerks rewards program.
With a $49 annual fee starting the second year, you could spend just $2000 across the 2X reward categories during the entire year and pay for the fee. As a more realistic example, if you spent $500 per month in 2X reward categories, $250 on phone bills and $250 on gas and groceries and another $500 on other expenses, you would earn $270 worth of travel. While you can redeem FlexPoints for cash back, they will not be worth as much. The FlexPoints rewards program also doesn?t have any transfer partners, so you won’t be able to transfer to try to increase their value.
Another option you might consider is Capital One Venture Rewards, which earns 2 Miles per dollar on all purchases and has a $95 annual fee starting the second year. It has a signup bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel. As you can see from the signup bonus value, Capital One miles are worth only about one cent per mile; however, you can get higher value by transferring them to one of their 15 transfer parters, so if you?re more hands-on when it comes to points, Capital One is the better option. Also keep in mind you would be earning 2 miles per $1 on all purchases.
Another option is Chase Sapphire Preferred, which has a $95 annual fee – not waived in year one – and earns 2X points on travel and dining. Earning 2X travel rewards on dining might be attractive to you. Chase Sapphire Preferred also has a signup bonus of 60,000 one-time bonus points offer after you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months of account opening which is $750 in travel. This valuation takes into account the 25% bonus you get for redeeming Chase Ultimate Rewards for travel.
Note there have been reports of U.S. Bank’s FlexPerks rewards redemption website technology being outdated. According to consumers, this may have resulted in difficulty booking through the online portal and even point value decreases in their accounts.
On the other hand, there are more than 1300 5 star reviews on U.S. Bank?s website for U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature. If you want travel rewards and to book your airfare directly with the rewards program where you earned the points, not to mention the lower annual fee starting the second year than competitors, then U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature is a great card for you.
- Visa Signature benefits
- No foreign transaction fee
- Earn 25,000 enrollment FlexPoints worth $375 on airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more. Just spend $2,000 in eligible net purchase within the first four months
- Earn 2 FlexPoints for every net $1 spent at airlines, gas stations or grocery stores – whichever you spend most on each monthly billing cycle
- Earn 2 FlexPoints on qualifying charitable donations and most cell phone service providers
- Minimum FlexPoints car rental redemption is $250, minimum FlexPoints lodging redemption is $500
Why 4 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Baggage Delay Reimbursement|
|Emergency Card Replacement|
|Emergency Cash Disbursement|
|Extended Warranty Protection|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
|Travel and Emergency Assistance|
|Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Reimbursement|
|Trip Delay Reimbursement|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.