Rating: 4 Stars
Cash Back and Round Up for College
|Regular APR:||16.49, 21.49 or 26.49% (Variable)|
|Intro APR (Purchases):||None|
|Intro APR (Balance transfers):||0% for first 15 billing cycles for transfers in first 45 days|
|Rewards Rate:||Earn 1.25% cash back on all purchases|
Receive a 15% cash back bonus when your Upromise Program account is directly linked to an eligible 529 College Savings Plan
|Credit Needed:||(670 – 850) Good/Excellent|
*See online credit card application for details on the terms and conditions.
- Click APPLY NOW to apply online
- Use your Upromise Mastercard and earn 1.25% cash back on all purchases
- Upromise Round Up lets you round up your purchases to the nearest dollar, based on the threshold you set (from $1 to $500). The total Round Up Amount is considered a purchase and also earns 1.25% cash back
- Receive a 15% cash back bonus when your Upromise Program account is directly linked to an eligible 529 College Savings Plan. You?ll receive a 15% bonus on your total cash back, including Upromise Round Up Amounts
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made in first 45 days
Is Upromise Mastercard worth it?
Upromise Mastercard is a solid card for saving money for college. The Round Up feature allows you to round up your purchases to the nearest dollar, the total Round Up Amount is considered a purchase.
Cardholders earn 1.25% cash back on all purchases, including Round Up Amounts, and you receive a 15% bonus on your total cash back when your Upromise Program account is directly linked to an eligible 529 College Savings Plan. Other cards, like Citi Double Cash, earn you unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases. That said, if you’re interested in being incentivized to save for college, this is a solid card for you.
- 0% for first 15 billing cycles for transfers in first 45 days
- Earn 1.25% cash back on all purchases
- No foreign transaction fee
- Other cards have higher cash back rate
Why 4 Stars?
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Balance Transfer Fee||Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|$0 Fraud Liability|
|Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver|
|Extended Warranty Program|
|Lost Luggage Reimbursement|
|Travel Accident Insurance|
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by the issuer. Any opinion, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author?s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Credit Cards Research:
Best Credit Cards for 2021
These are the best credit cards for 2021.
Best Credit Cards for Excellent Credit
If you have excellent credit, check out these cards. These are the best cards for excellent credit with travel rewards and cash bonuses.
Best Credit Cards to Pay off Debt
The fastest way to pay off credit card debt is by transferring a balance to a 0% APR credit card. These are the best balance transfer cards on the market.